For lunch the other day, I whipped up a quick batch of spicy BBQ Mock Duck. It’s super easy to make and really yummy, I even made it for our wedding (although it was much much less spicy than when I make it for myself). I usually have it in a whole wheat tortilla, but it would be just as good on a bun. We had some leftover Ranch Dip from a recipe from Vegan Lunch Box so that was served on the side. By the way, the ranch dip was good once we added a bunch of stuff to it but it really tasted nothing like ranch. Anywho, recipe:
BBQ Mock Duck
- 1 can mock duck, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- chipotles in adobo sauce (add them in one at a time until you get the heat level desired)
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- whole wheat tortilla or bun
- Saute the onion for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- While the onion is cooking, add all the other ingredients except the mock duck to a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Add the mock duck to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the sauce and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve on a warmed tortilla or toasted bun.