This is something I just kind of made up, mostly because we didn’t have the stuff for the tofu scramble I wanted for lunch. But it turned out really yummy I’ll definately have to make it again! The recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of food, perfect size for a lunch for two. Or one if you’re really hungry.
Spicy Tempeh Salad on Toast
- 4 oz tempeh
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 TB Vegenaise
- 1 TB dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sesame chilli oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- salt and pepper to taste
- slice of bread (We use Rudis)
- Crumble the tempeh into a medium sized frying pan and cover with water. Bring this to a simmer and let cook until the water is all gone.
- While the tempeh is cooking, sautee the bell pepper and mushrooms until browned and somewhat soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine the Vegegnaise, mustard, sesame oil, and garlic. Mix well.
- When the tempeh is done and cooled a bit, place it in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add in the veggies and mix well. Add in the Vegenaise mixture and stir.
- Toast the bread and top with the tempeh salad. Enjoy!